Inwood Township

Downloadable Forms & Documents

Absent Voter Ballot Application
Absent voter ballots are available to registered voters for all elections. They provide a convenient method for casting a ballot instead of attending the polls on election day. (Link to Secretary of State download web site)

Homeowner's Principal Residence Exemption Affidavit
To claim a PRE, the property owner must submit a Principal Residence Exemption (PRE) Affidavit, Form 2368, to the assessor for the city or township in which the property is located. ... Normally, when you purchase a home, Form 2368 and other relevant principal residence exemption forms are provided by the closing agents.

Request to Rescind Howmowner's Principal Residency Exemption
When a person no longer owns or occupies the property as a principal residence, he or she must file a Request to Rescind Homeowner's Principal Residence Exemption (PRE), Form 2602, with the assessor for the city or township in which the property is located to remove the PRE.

Application for Deferment of Summer Taxes
Provisions of the General Property Tax Act, Public Act 206 of 1893, as amended, allows local tax collecting units to defer the collection of taxes for property owners who meet strict eligibility requirements set forth in the act. An owner may file a completed deferment of property tax form with his or her city or township treasurer by the designated deadline. A valid deferment permits property taxes to be paid at a later date, without any additional penalty and interest, as long as the new payment deadline is met.

Property Transfer Affidavit
This form must be filed whenever real estate or some types of personal property are transferred (even if you are not recording a deed). The completed Affidavit must be filed by the new owner with the assessor for the city or township where the property is located within 45 days of the transfer.

Freedom of Information Request Information & Forms
Michigan's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), 1976 PA 442, provides that certain persons can receive copies or make inspections of most public records of public bodies upon written request. The person must sufficiently describe the records he or she seeks. The public body may charge a fee to cover the cost of complying with a person's FOIA request.